"WORKING WITH AN INNOVATIVE E-HEALTH APP SECURE NEST, DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR SCHEMA THERAPY: NEW AVENUES FOR MEETING CLIENT'S NEEDS IN A DIGITAL ERA"
WORKSHOP BY sally & joseph skewes
- Watch the "Sneak Peak" interview with Sally & Joseph Skewes: NEW TOOLS -
Following an introduction to e-health, the workshop will provide an interactive learning experience, exploring the use of technology as a driver for positive therapy outcomes. Therapists can participate using their own mobile device or provided handouts. Advantages of using Secure Nest for schema therapy:
• Support for clients to identify and manage their modes
• Provide targeted support in the different stages of therapy
• Remind clients of their goals, in line with their unmet needs
• Re-activate knowledge from sessions and enhance processing between sessions
Secure Nest was developed in collaboration with e-health experts and experienced schema therapists. The concept and application of Secure Nest will be described and illustrated with a case example. We will demonstrate its flexibility to work with individual therapists' styles. We will outline the technology and secure practices which protect user content and provide an overview of other technical capabilities such as multilingual content. A limited number of places and a technology expert on the ground will ensure direct guidance is available. An open forum will conclude the workshop (Q&A, discussion of themes and feedback.
In this workshop attendees will learn:
• How to navigate and use an e-health app to provide customised support for their clients
• How Secure Nest can provide structure around the therapy process
• How to integrate Secure Nest into clinical work with a wide range of clients who are using schema therapy
• Ways in which colleagues are or could be using e-health tools to promote positive therapy outcomes
The workshop is intended for: Beginners and Advanced
Sally Skewes Bio:
Sally Skewes is an Advanced Certified Schema Therapist in private practice and a supervisor at the University of South Australia. Her clinical and research focus has been on increasing the availability of schema therapy in a time of diminishing healthcare resources. She has explored the use of short-term group schema therapy for personality disorders and has experience as a psychologist with a range of e-therapies which can increase treatment accessibility and engagement. She has recently co-founded and developed an e-Health tool designed specifically as an adjunct to schema therapy. She is particularly interested in the way in which technology can influence the process of therapy.
Joseph Skewes Bio:
Joseph Skewes is an IT analyst who has been employed in various technology roles across the private and public sectors over the last 8 years. He has a particular interest in user interface and web design, ensuring digital platforms are accessible and easy to use. He recently co-founded and developed Secure Nest, an e-Health web application designed specifically as an adjunct to schema therapy.
©2017 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany