How Schema Couples Therapy Uses
Mode Work to Heal Relationships
by Travis Atkinson, Eckhard Roediger, Poul Perris, Chiara DiFrancesco, David Edwards & Bruce Stevens
1. Identify core destructive cycles in couple dynamics, linking past and present associations with each partner's attachment strategies and schemas. Set therapeutic goals as antidotes based on schemas and mode cycles;
2. Effectively restructure negative cycles of a couple to address schemas and create new beliefs reinforced through new patterns of emotional connection;
3. Solidify safety and security through continued reinforcement of the healthy cycle in a couple to heal injuries and schemas.
Join us during this skill and intervention-focused workshop that starts with a brief introduction of how the schema therapy model uses mode work in love relationships to improve outcomes for even the most challenging dynamics within a couple.
*Assessment: examining the essentials of schemas, modes, chemistry, mode cycle concept, and mode cycle clash cards;
*Interventions: core therapeutic skills in couples work, including needs vs. wants tool, mode cycle clash cards, schema dialogues, chair work, imagery;
*Consolidation: key skills and interventions in the final phase with the couple, including a value road map, dreams of the couple, and how to solidify the secure mode cycle.
Each section includes clear illustrations, relevant video demonstrations of real couples, and practical role-plays to help you apply the interventions effectively with your couples.
1. Assess schemas and modes of each partner and the love relationship
2. Apply effective interventions to deescalate maladaptive mode cycles and to create and reinforce adaptive schemas and modes
3. Consolidate new modes of interaction within the couple, and solidify adaptive schemas in relation to the self, the love relationship, and the world
The workshop is intended for: Beginners and Advanced
©2017 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany