The Official Publication of the International Society of Schema Therapy
In This October IssueThis Issue - Schema Therapy in Healthcare Settings
Using the Schema Therapy Model to Help Patients Cope with a Cancer Diagnosis
Schema Therapy in Medical Settings
"I am trapped in a body I can't trust": Working with Patients who have Chronic Illness
Schema Therapy in Dermatology
Meet the ISST Board - Eckhard Roediger
Public Affairs Corner
Public Affairs Corner
by Travis Atkinson, ISST Board Public Affairs Coordinator
It has been nearly a year now since the new ISST website launched, and we have successfully enrolled nearly 80% of members on both the website and new listserv. We want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your membership, and one area that shines as a benefit is the wonderful work Chris Hayes and Lissa Parsonnet are doing assembling insightful articles published in the Schema Therapy Bulletin (STB).
In addition to the STB, make sure you are taking advantage of several other features as an ISST member, including:
1. Member Forums: many special interest topics exist, including a new forum for therapists using schema therapy with the aged, hosted by Bruce Stevens. Visit the Forum section of the website to join now.
2. Author a Blog: one of the best things you can do to increase your visibility is to author a blog on the ISST website. The ISST website is highly visited, and has excellent search engine optimization, making a blog authored by you a great resource to drive visitors to your own website.
3. Istanbul Conference Videos: we have a large lineup of videos from the 2014 ISST Istanbul Conference, so if you are an enrolled member of the website, you can access them at your convenience.
4. Research Blogs: Eshkol Rafaeli has assembled some fantastic blogs from leaders in the research and science area of schema therapy, all available on the ISST website. Read the latest blog on how depression affects the schema therapy treatment of personality disorders.
5. Call for Submissions: the Inspire 2016 ISST Vienna Conference will take place June 30 - July 2, 2016, with the theme “What is it with Modes?” We have invited submissions to present using various methods. Read more about these options on the website, and submit your ideas before the deadlines.
©2020 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany
Why Schema Therapy?
Schema therapy has been extensively researched to effectively treat a wide variety of typically treatment resistant conditions, including Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Read our summary of the latest research comparing the dramatic results of schema therapy compared to other standard models of psychotherapy.