Responsibilities of the ISST Training & Certification Coordinator
In general, this position encompasses the maintenance, development and modification of all ISST guidelines and protocols related to training, supervision, and clinical competence in schema therapy. In addition, Chair the committee that proposes the content of ISST sponsored training events (the biannual Summer School and the training workshops of the biannual conference)
The Training and Certification Committees
- Maintain an active Training & Certification (T&C) committee
- Appoint members of T&C related committees with Executive Board (EB) approval
- Hold meetings of the T&C committee as needed
Evaluation of Applications for certification:
- Responsible for final review and approval of all routine certification applications: individual, training programs and treatment programs following the requirements established by the EB.
- Maintain records of all applications for all types of certification
- Develop guidelines for certification for EB approval
- Attend monthly Executive Board meetings and actively participate in EB functions
- Answer Questions of (candidate) members about training and certification.
- Formulate proposals for new exceptions to the rules, which can then be presented to the board for approval.
- Maintain a record of all exceptions
- Maintain contact with supervisors and trainers in all countries regarding T &C issues and their particular needs
- Oversee the various T & C committees and take their proposals to the EB
- Conduct the basic supervisor-‐trainer webinar every 6 -9 months as needed. Maintain the slides and reference material for this webinar.
Role in ISST Training Events
- Work with local organizers as the EB liaison for the ISST Summer School. Chair the selection committee, which will invite and review proposals for this training event .
- Chair the Training committee that reviews biannual conference applications in the area of training and the preconference training workshops.
ST Competency Rating Scales
- Work with the Science and Research Director to coordinate the validation of the competency scales being used for certification tape ratings
- With the specialty area committees, develop criteria for independent tape raters in individual, Group, C-A, and Couples ST and make recommendations for EB approval
Requirements: The time commitment for this position is high 8-10 hours per week with occasional additional demand. This position requires good organizational skills and the ability to set limits and support the various requirements of ISST certification in a Healthy Adult manner.
©2021 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany