Schema Therapy Associates
Dr. Tara Cutland Green and Dr. Gillian Heath
About the Programme
Schema Therapy Associates are UK-based and run an ISST approved training programme comprising of four workshops, delivered over two blocks of time. Their workshops can be also taken individually for CPD purposes. They are passionate about their trainees feeling skilled and confident in Schema Therapy, so each course is tailored to maximise learning, with a balance of teaching, expert demonstration, experiential work and role play. Their workshops receive consistently high feedback ratings (4.6/5 where 5 = excellent; N = 699), with even higher ratings for their recent online training (4.9 / 5)
What did you like about this course? – Damned near everything! Content, method of delivery & attitude of presenters was great.
So, so good... Loads to learn and apply. I really liked the balance between theory, demonstrations and practical exercises. You brought [the model] to life, I feel I can now apply this to my work
Excellent facilitators, inspiring therapists.
... my confidence in the model jumped up and I’m brimming with new theory and techniques to use right away.
Workshops are currently being offered online via Zoom.
Tara and Gill are Clinical Psychologists with a background in the NHS, were trained in Schema Therapy by Jeffrey Young, have published on Schema Therapy and produced a set of training videos, the Schema Therapy Toolkit.
To book a place at a workshop, please visit
Dr Gillian Heath and Dr Tara Cutland Green
Dr Tara Cutland Green and Dr Gill Heath are experienced Clinical Psychologists, having worked in a variety of adult NHS and private settings in the UK and abroad.
They have substantial experience of treating a range of Axis I and II problems, as well as supervising other therapists working with these issues. Gill and Tara are accredited as Advanced Level Schema Therapists, supervisors and trainers with the ISST and originally trained with Jeff Young. They run an ISST approved Certification Programme, produced a comprehensive video training resource (www.schematherapytoolkit.com) and together co-authored the chapter Schema Therapy in The Handbook of Adult Clinical Psychology - An Evidence Based Practice Approach (Routledge, 2nd Edition, 2016, Carr & McNulty (Eds)). Both contributed chapters to the exciting new Creative Methods in Schema Therapy (2020), which Gill co-edited.
Upcoming Online Events
Our online workshops are interactive, emotionally engaging and involve a range of learning experiences to help compensate for 'Zoom fatigue'. You will be able to practice skills in pairs - and receive coaching - using online 'breakout rooms', engage in group exercises and view video demonstrations as well as receive teaching. Professional quality audio-visuals and stable internet connectivity at my end will maximise the quality of your experience and I will provide guidance for setting up your technology at your end.
Online Workshop 1: Foundations of Schema Therapy with Complex Cases
Format B 2020: 4 hours per day, Mon 21st - Fri 25th Sept 2020.
Jan/Feb 2021: 3 Mondays: 25th Jan, 1st & 8th Feb 2021
May 2021: 3 Fridays: 14th, 21st & 28th May 2021
1. Assessing and formulating complex cases in terms of schemas and modes
2. Limited reparenting and empathic confrontation
3. Imagery for schema healing and behavioural change
4. Chair work to combat maladaptive schema modes
5. Structure and style of Schema Therapy
6. Healing therapist schemas and the therapy relationship
7. Working effectively with endings
Online Workshop 2a: Schema Therapy for Borderline Presentations
1st & 8th March 2021
10th & 17th September 2021
1. Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in schema modes
2. Research evidence for the effectiveness of Schema Therapy for BPD
3. Working with self-harm and suicide risk
4. Limited reparenting with different schemas and modes
5. Advanced imagery and chair work skills
Online Workshop 2b: Schema Therapy with Anxious, Avoidant, Dependent and OCPD presentations
15th March 2021
1. Formulating Cluster C Personality Disorders in schema mode terms
2. Generating motivation for emotional connection and behavioural change
3. Overcoming mode based resistance to change
4. Reparenting and Healthy Adult work with fear, dependence and rigidity
5. Integrating mindfulness, joy and play to enable change
6. Working with Forensic Modes (optional opt-in teaching)
Online Workshop 2c: Schema Therapy: working with Narcissism
22nd March 2021
1st October 2021
1. Formulating narcissistic modes and engaging NPD clients
2. Using the therapy relationship for change
3. Eight micro-skills for working with over-compensation
4. Therapist schema activation and healing
©2020 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany
Why Schema Therapy?
Schema therapy has been extensively researched to effectively treat a wide variety of typically treatment resistant conditions, including Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Read our summary of the latest research comparing the dramatic results of schema therapy compared to other standard models of psychotherapy.