Schema Therapy Associates
Dr. Tara Cutland Green and Dr. Gillian Heath
About the Programme
Schema Therapy Associates run an ISST approved Training Programme comprising of four workshops, delivered over two blocks of time (9th – 11th October and 26th February – 1st March). Their workshops can be also taken individually for CPD purposes. They are passionate about their trainees feeling skilled and confident in Schema Therapy, so each course is tailored to maximise your learning, with a balance of teaching, expert demonstration, experiential work and role play. Their workshops receive consistently high feedback (4.5/5, n = 370):
What did you like about this course? – Damned near everything! Content, method of delivery & attitude of presenters was great.
So, so good... Loads to learn and apply. I really liked the balance between theory, demonstrations and practical exercises. You brought [the model] to life, I feel I can now apply this to my work
Excellent facilitators, inspiring therapists.
... my confidence in the model jumped up and I’m brimming with new theory and techniques to use right away.
Workshops are held at the BPS Offices, 30 Tabernacle Street, London EC2A 4UE.
Tara and Gill are Clinical Psychologists with a background in the NHS, and were trained in Schema Therapy by Jeffrey Young.
Schema Therapy Associates
Schema Therapy Associates: Dr Gillian Heath and Dr Tara Cutland Green
Contact information for participants: EMAIL
Dr Tara Cutland Green and Gill Heath are experienced Clinical Psychologists, having worked in a variety of adult NHS and private settings in the UK and abroad.
They have substantial experience of treating a range of Axis I and II problems, as well as supervising other therapists working with these issues. Gill and Tara are accredited as Advanced Level Schema Therapists, supervisors and trainers with the ISST and originally trained with Jeff Young. They run an ISST approved certification training programme, leading to accreditation as a Schema Therapist. They are members of the ISST Training and Certification committee and together, they co-authored a chapter on Schema Therapy in The Handbook of Adult Clinical Psychology - An Evidence Based Practice Approach (Routledge, 2nd Edition, 2016, Edited by Alan Carr &Muirreann McNulty). They have also recently produced a comprehensive video training resource www.schematherapytoolkit.com.
Workshop 1: Foundations of Schema Therapy with Complex Cases
(3 days, 9th – 11th October 2017, £510)
· Assessing and formulating complex cases in terms of schemas and modes
· Limited reparenting and empathic confrontation
· Imagery for schema healing and behavioural change
· Chair work to combat maladaptive schema modes
· Structure and style of Schema Therapy
· Healing therapist schemas and the therapy relationship
· Working effectively with endings
Workshop 2a: Schema Therapy for Borderline Presentations (2 days, 26th & 27th February 2018, £340) (2a, 2b and 2c together £630)
· Conceptualising Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in schema modes
· Research evidence for the effectiveness of Schema Therapy for BPD
· Working with self-harm and suicide risk
· Limited reparenting with different schemas and modes
· Advanced imagery and chair work skills
Workshop 2b: Schema Therapy with Anxious, Avoidant, Dependent and OCPD presentations (1 day, 28th February 2018, £180) (2b & 2c together £340)
· Formulating Cluster C Personality Disorders in schema mode terms
· Generating motivation for emotional connection and behavioural change
· Overcoming mode based resistance to change
· Reparenting and Healthy Adult work with fear, dependence and rigidity
· Integrating mindfulness, joy and play to enable change
· Working with Forensic Modes (optional opt-in teaching)
Workshop 2c: Schema Therapy: working with Narcissism
(1 day, 1st March, 2018) (2b & 2c together £340)
· Formulating narcissistic modes and engaging NPD clients
· Using the therapy relationship for change
· Eight micro-skills for working with over-compensation
· Therapist schema activation and healing
©2018 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany