Let Edinburgh Steal Your Heart
See highlights on our hashtag
Formerly known as Summer School, ENLIGHT 2019 is now reformatted into ISST's Biennial Symposium. ENLIGHT 2019 offers intensive all-day workshops that are limited in size: one featured workshop each day for up to 100 participants, with five additional workshops with a more intimate settings for participants. Capped to 300 participants, you will have the chance to immerse yourself in your favorite schema therapy topics.
Attending ENLIGHT 2019 invites you to visit one of Europe's most entertaining cities, the showpiece of Scotland, known as Edinburgh, with stunning vistas and a skyline full of domes, spires, towers and steeples. Experience both old and new with the cobbled streets, narrow lanes medieval "skyscrapers," and plush courtyards of the Old Town, or the New Town, originated in the 1700s where upscale shops will greet you along broad boulevards and Georgian mansions.
Join Both students from four universities along with bankers and scientific researchers sharing a drink in pubs or browsing through art galleries. Edinburgh is a visitor's delight, packing in all the elements of history and fun in a destination city, names as a UNESCO world heritage site.
Spectacular buildings cover Edinburgh, with Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian pillars within neoclassical grandeur, along with a largely Presbyterian backdrop. The lush gardens of central Edinburgh are set along the spires of Old Town. Widely renowned for an exceptional restaurant and nightlife scene, Edinburgh ranks near the top for cities for exceptional quality-of-life. Explore the city's streets, and earn your porridge by climbing Arthur's Seat, the peak behind the city. Go for the Royal Mile, where both Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse were the scenes for some played out some of the most important historical struggles between Scotland and England.
With an expanded list of selections by worldwide experts in schema therapy, let Edinburgh steal your heart, together with your fellow schema therapy friends and colleagues, as ENLIGHT 2019 debuts in one of the world's stateliest cities and loudest capitals.
Meet our ENLIGHT 2019 presenters
ENLIGHT 2019 will be the Schema Therapy event of the year. With 300 participants coming to Edinburgh from throughout the world, you will be able to interact with some of the top leaders in the field of Schema Therapy.
We live in a world of uncertain times for people and societies grappling with how to connect safely. ENLIGHT 2019 welcomes participants who are tackling some of the biggest challenges we face.
ENLIGHT 2019 will gather clinicians, researchers, educators and supporters with a diversity of ideas and cultures from around the globe to share the latest advances and trends in the model.
ENLIGHT 2019 HAS CONCLUDED.
Registration was at Full Capacity: Thank You!
1. CATEGORIES: Choose your appropriate category: member, non-member, reduced rate member, reduced rate non-member, student.
2. REDUCED RATE COUNTRIES: Reduced rates are available ONLY for participants who reside in the following countries: Albania, Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam.
3. NON-MEMBERS: If you are a non-member, we encourage you to join us and apply as a member after you have completed your registration. If you are accepted, please contact the ISST Office and request a refund for the difference between the member discounted rate. Please allow 10-15 days for your application to be processed. Join Us
4. USING PAYPAL: We use PayPal as our credit card processor. You do NOT need to have a PayPal account to make your payment. Simply go through online payment and select "No PayPal Account" to continue to make your payment with any major credit card using our PayPal portal.
5. CREDIT CARDS: When you register, if you reside in a country where credit card payments are not possible, please register for the symposium, including all of the required information, make your selections, and complete the registration process through "Pay Online." Then send us an email to let us know that you are not able to make a credit card payment. We will assist you to make alternative arrangements for payment. Email: PAYMENT
6. Do you reside in a country that requires a visa to visit the United Kingdom? While you are responsible for making your travel arrangements and meeting visa requirements, we will gladly assist you in the process. Please contact us for more information on how to process your visa.
Email: ISST OFFICE
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you are not able to attend ENLIGHT 2019 in Edinburgh after registering, you are entitled to a refund, minus a €50 processing fee, if you notify us via email and receive an email confirmation from us that we received your request before March 30, 2019. After March 30, 2019, there will be no refunds allowed, with no exceptions. Not attending ENLIGHT 2019 does not entitle you to a refund.
For details, or to notify us of a change, please contact the ISST Office at: OFFICE
See our official ENLIGHT 2019 t-shirt
Celebrate ENLIGHT 2019 and add a T-Shirt to wear during the conference in May. T-Shirts are available in both crewneck and v-neck styles, and are made of a luxurious, ultra-soft material that is breathable, allowing extra comfort (we tested the material, and are certain you will LOVE it!).
See more about t-shirts, including SIZES: OFFICIAL T-SHIRTS
SCHEMA EVENTS APP: For Participants Only
Participants of ENLIGHT 2019 have exclusive access to the Schema Therapy App, available on iOS, Android, and any web browser.
ENLIGHT 2019 SCHEDULE
ENLIGHT 2019 Full Trailer
New York, USA
©2021 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany
Why Schema Therapy?
Schema therapy has been extensively researched to effectively treat a wide variety of typically treatment resistant conditions, including Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Read our summary of the latest research comparing the dramatic results of schema therapy compared to other standard models of psychotherapy.